Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The National Soldiers Home.

The soldiers home is a good place to find information on ones ancestor  There are many soldier homes so, how do I pick one?  I would pick a state he lived the longest or died in.  You say he died in New York, but was in a Illinois Regiment, Each soldier home have many men from different Regiments.

I have made up a list of soldiers homes I have information on.  If you need help in finding the soldier home your looking for I will be glade to help..  I can be reach at ( dsegelquist1@cox.net )

Author. I will need the state your looking for, his full name and regiment.

Here is a example of the kind of information you may receive.

Henry Stumpy, Iowa First Infantry, Co. D.; Private; Months of service 19; Nativity Germany; Age 59; Disability Lungs; Admitted from Iowa; Occupation Farmer; Single; Admitted October 25, 1894.

Soldiers Homes.

New York.
Illinois.
Ohio.
Michigan.
Iowa.
California.
New Jersey.
Pennsylvania.
Minnesota.
Connecticut.
Wisconsin.
Nebraska.
South Dakota.
Rhode Island.
Washington.
Vermont.
New Hampshire.
Kansas.
Colorado.
Oregon.
North Dakota.
Montana.

No comments: