Friday, June 25, 2010

Joshua Pickering, New Hampshire 1703-1768.

Joshua Pickering, was born to Thomas Pickering and Mary ( Gee ) Pickering on November 28, 1703, in the town of Newington, in the county of Rockingham in the state of New Hampshire. His first marriage was to Deorah Smitson, on January 15, 1724. His second marriage was to Mary ( Brackett ) Pickering, both marriage were held at Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire. From these unions the following children were born.

1. Joshua Pickering, Birth: About 1728 Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire.
Date of death is unknown.

2. Samuel Pickering, Birth: 13 FEB 1732 Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire.
Death: 15 FEB 1797.

3. John Pickering, Birth: 1738 Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire.
Death: 11 APR 1805 Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire.

4. Deborah Pickering, Birth: 27 MAR 1730 Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire.
Death: Unknown.

5. Elizabeth Pickering, Birth: About 1742 Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire
Death: Unknown

6. Sarah PICKERING, was born between 1740 & 1745, Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire, Death: Unknown.

7. Ephraim PICKERING, was born about 1734, Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire, Death: 1 Jan 1803, Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire.

Joshua Pickering will pass away on December 9, 1768, At Newington, Rockingham, New Hampshire. The deaths of his wife’s is unknown. There is also some confusion on who the mother of the children was, some records say the Mary Brackett, was the mother of some while other records state that Deorah Smitson, was the mother of all of them.

JOSHUA PICKERING 1767 NEWINGTON.

In the Name of God, Amen . I Joshua Pickering of Newington in the Province of New Hampshire Yeoman : being Infirm in Body * * *

Item I give and bequeath to my Son Joseph Pickering, his Heirs and Assigns two Pounds lawful money to be paid by Exccr within two Years after my Death.

Item I give to my Son Joshua Pickering his Heirs and Assigns the Sum of Twenty Pounds Lawful money to be paid by my Executor within two Years after my Decease.

Item. I give my Son Samuel Pickering five Shillings lawful money, I having given him already his Portion of my Estate .

Item : I give and bequeath to my Son Daniel Pickering five Shillings lawful money, he having received his Portion before out of my Estate.

Item : I give and bequeath to my Son John Pickering his Executors and Adminstrn Twelve Pounds lawful money, to be paid out of my Estate by said Executor.

Item I give and bequeath to my Daughter Deborah Wife of Hubbard Stevens of Newington, her Executors and Admr, twelve Pounds ten shillings like money one half of Said Sum to be paid within one Year after my Death and the other half within two Years . Also I give Said Deborah one good Cow and one good feather Bed to be delivered by my Executor within a reasonable Time after my Death.

Item I give to my Daughter Elizabeth Wife of Samuel Dee of Durham and to her Execs and Admr• twelve Pounds ten shillings lawful money to be paid by my Executor the One half within one year after my Death and the other within two Years Also I give her Said Elizabeth one good Cow and one feather Bed, to be delivered immediately after my Death.

Item I give and bequeath to my Daughter Sarah Pickering the sum of fifteen Pounds lawful money to be paid by my Execr within two Years after my Decease or on the Day of her Marriage, which shall first happen, 'I give her Said Sarah the Use of one half my Garden and the Use of one half my dwelling house, being the westerly end of my Said House also the Privilege of half my Cellar during the Time Said Sarah shall remain Sole Also I give Said Sarah One good Cow for her Benefit forever, and the Use of one good Horse (now worth twenty Dollars) to be kept and Supported on my Estate for the said Sarah's Use while she continues Sole, at the Cost of my Executor, and I give the said Sarah all my HonsehoId Furniture and Cloathing of Every kind (not already given away to others herein), two Hogs and all the Provision that shall be in my House at the Time of my Decease ; also 1 give Said Sarah Sufficient Firewood for one fire to be cut and haled to her Door by my Executors during Said Sarah's Single State and Six Sheep for her Benefit for ever, and to be kept on my farm for Said Sarah's Use while Sole. All the remainder, Rest and Residue of my Estate both real and personal I give bequeath and devise to my Son Ephraim Pickering before named and his Heirs and assigns for ever, to his and their only proper use & Benefit And I do hereby constitute and appoint the Said Ephraim Executor of this my last Will and Testament ratifying and confirming this and no other to be my last Will and Testament . In Witness whereof I have hereunto Set my hand and Seal this, fourth Day of May A Dom : 1767. His mark Joshua X Pickering

[Witnesses] Richard Downing, Wintrop Pickren, John Fabyans, James peavey.
[Proved May 25, 1768 .]

No comments: